St. Mark School (Venice) is seeking a qualified candidate to fill a full time Vice Principal position beginning in the 2023-2024 school year. Saint Mark School takes pride in its strong academic program. Our goal is to help our children become knowledgeable disciples of Christ, active and confident learners and responsible and engaged members of their community.
The role of the Vice Principal, as delegate of the principal, supports implementing the daily operations of the school. In the absence of the principal on campus, the vice-principal will oversee and handle daily leadership within the school.
The ideal candidate is:
*willing to minister to the faculty, staff, parents, and students in working together to accomplish the mission of St Mark School in its endeavor to educate children in the Catholic faith
* A practicing Catholic in good standing with the Roman Catholic Church
* Able to work collaboratively and build teams
* Able to communicate effectively in the spoken and written word and use technology to communicate, make presentations, do research, and create presentation materials
* Able to be flexible and adjust to the daily demands of the job
* Able to maintain confidentiality and discretion regarding students, personnel and school matters.
* a candidate that works effectively, respectfully and positively with all members of the community.
*motivated, driven, a self-starter.
Essential Functions of an Instructional Leader:
*Under the guidance of the principal, complete teacher observations and post-conferences.
*Assist in the planning of faculty meetings and staff professional development
*Serve on the hiring committee for new teachers
*Coordinate progress reports, report cards and standardized testing
*Serve as a mentor to faculty in lesson development, lesson modeling, assisting with grading practices and procedures
*facilitate classroom observations of faculty members
*chair the weekly middle school faculty meeting
*Support discipline issues that arise
*facilitate the STEP process to support students in need of classroom support
*co-coordinate the master school schedule and calendar
*serve as a member of the admission committee
Additional areas of responsibility:
*Attend and assist with annual school events like Fall Festival, Auction, Graduation
*Coordinate outdoor education camps and other field trips
School events, including some evening events/meetings are expected.