Location: Westchester Campus,
We are currently seeking a full-time RN to join our team for a 10-month position. In this role, you will provide exceptional nursing services for our ambulatory patients, utilizing your expertise in triage, assessment, and assisting our clinicians with medical procedures.
As a vital member of our team, you will actively contribute to the overall efficiency and delivery of high-quality patient care in our Student Health Services clinic. We value collaboration and a supportive team dynamic, and we are looking for an individual who can bring their skills and experience to enhance our patient care. If you are a dedicated and compassionate RN with a passion for working with students and contributing to a positive and welcoming clinic environment, we encourage you to apply for this exciting opportunity.
The Student Health Services (SHS) RN provides expert nursing services for ambulatory patients. Duties include triage, assessment, and assisting SHS clinicians with medical procedures. In addition, the SHS RN is an active and supportive team member who contributes to the overall efficiency and provision of quality patient care in the Student Health Center.
Position Specific Accountabilities:
1. Provide initial nursing assessment when rooming patients and communicate findings to clinicians.
2. Triage patients and assist in the overall patient flow during the course of the day.
3. Notify patients of lab findings when normal or consult with clinician when the results are abnormal. Correct lab errors in the EMR system.
4. Assist the Clinical Nursing Supervisor with day-to-day clinic operations such as facility maintenance, ordering medical supplies, and staffing. In the absence of the Clinical Nurse Supervisor, assist the Director with the day-to-day clinic operations such as facility maintenance, ordering medical supplies, and staffing.
5. Assist in providing life-saving emergency care to students, faculty, and staff. Initiate life-saving emergency care in the absence of the Medical Director and/or Nurse Practitioner. Initiate first aid and/or CPR without supervision.
6. Plan and coordinate mock CPR/AED drills in the Health Center and the field.
7. Assist and support the front office /reception responsibilities.
8. Represent the Student Health Center within campus community and at professional organizations or associations, serve on committees as required.
9. Performs other duties as assigned or requested.
Loyola Marymount University Expectations
Exhibit behavior that supports the mission, vision, and values of the university. Communicate and employ interpersonal actions that model high standards of professional, responsible, accountable, and ethical conduct. Demonstrate a commitment to outstanding customer service.
Typically an Associates Degree in Nursing Science or higher. Bachelor's degree in Nursing or health-related field preferred. Current active RN license in the state of California. Current CPR/AED certification. Incumbent will be expected to continue upgrading knowledge, skills, and abilities needed to keep abreast of regulation/policy changes.
Demonstrated knowledge in the areas of general nursing procedures, anatomy, physiology, pathology, and pharmacology.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Constantly required to sit, feel, use finger movement, speak clearly, hear con
MENTAL DEMANDS: Mental demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Frequent calculating, interrupted work, variety of interrelated tasks, sustained concentration, use of reasoning, judgment, resourcefulness, analytical ability, and ingenuity.
COVID-19 Vaccination Requirement
To ensure the safety and well-being of our community Loyola Marymount University requires that all students, faculty and staff are vaccinated or have been approved for a qualifying medical or religious exemption.
Salary Range: $30.00 - $51.84 USD Hourly
$31.00 - $40.19 Salary commensurate with education and experience.
Loyola Marymount University, a Carnegie classified R2 institution in the mainstream of American Catholic higher education, seeks outstanding applicants who value its mission and share its commitment to inclusive excellence, the education of the whole person, and the building of a just society. LMU is an equal opportunity employer committed to providing an environment free from discrimination and harassment as defined by federal, state and local law. We invite all persons in the full diversity of their being, life experience, and beliefs to apply. (Visit www.lmu.edu for more information.)