Location: Dyer, Indiana
Internal Number: R-083809
Franciscan Health Dyer Campus
24 Joliet Street Dyer, Indiana 46311
WHO WE ARE LOOKING FOR:
Franciscan Physician Network is seeking a part-time Nurse Practitioner to join a well-established Bariatric program with an experienced, cohesive team at our Franciscan Midwest Bariatric Institute located in Dyer, IN. Our bariatric facilities have earned the Center of Excellence designation from the American Society of Metabolic and Bariatric Surgery, as well as the Blue Distinction Center Plus designation.
WHAT WE NEED:
Ideal candidate will have a background in ER, Surgery, or ICU with strong focus on clinical excellence and patient satisfaction. Candidate will display exceptional interpersonal skills. Provider will need to work collaboratively with all physicians and staff members to ensure delivery of the highest quality of patient care.
WHAT YOU CAN EXPECT:
- Clinic hours: Monday - Thursday, 8:30 a.m. - 4:00 p.m., Friday, 8:00 a.m. - 3:00 p.m.
- Part-time schedule of 32 hours per week; no weekends or holidays
- Bariatric training preferred, but not required
- Will manage both pre/post-surgical bariatric patients & lifetime bariatric patients
- Assist surgeon on clinic days with the care management of patients at all spectrums of weight loss journey
- Average outpatient volume: 20 - 30 patients per week
- Participation and facilitation of Back on Track programs and support groups
- Common Diagnoses:
- Robust bariatric surgical practice with strong mentorship opportunities
WHO WE ARE:
Franciscan Health is a non-profit health care ministry with primary and specialty care physician groups located throughout Indiana and Illinois. Franciscan is known for our mission of caring. Our values of Respect for Life; Fidelity to Our Mission; Compassionate Concern; Joyful Service; and Christian Stewardship extend to our employees and patients.
With 14 hospital ministries, Franciscan Health is one of the largest Catholic health care organizations in the Midwest. Franciscan Health includes over 1,000 employed physicians and advanced practice providers. Franciscan providers enjoy a team approach to care. Of our 260+ locations, many are nationally recognized Centers of Health Care Excellence.
WHAT WE OFFER:
At Franciscan Physician Network we strive to create a flexible and realistic work-life balance for our providers. Full- and part-time opportunities are offered with benefits, which could include:
- Competitive compensation
- Paid malpractice
- 27 days of Permitted Time Off plus five additional paid days for CME with annual stipend
- Full benefits package, including health, life, dental, vision and legal insurance
- Retirement options, including 403(b), 457(b), 401(a)
- Short- and Long-Term Own Occupation Disability
- Customized marketing support
For more information, please contact Physician and Provider Services Team at email@example.com or (844) 376-3627.
WHERE WE LIVE:
Hammond, Dyer, and Munster are cities located in beautiful Lake County, IN. Located thirty minutes southeast of downtown Chicago. The cities are part of the Chicago metropolitan area, while still maintaining a rural and suburban feel. Situated along the South Shore of Lake Michigan, the cities offer many opportunities to enjoy the beach, sand dunes, and many outdoor activities. Hammond, Dyer, and Munster offer an affordable cost of living, excellent school options including private and public schools, and a diverse employment base with a strong commercially insured base of employees. Munster schools have been rated Indiana Blue Ribbon schools and have been awarded five-star ratings.
- Master's Degree Required
- Nurse Practitioner (NP) or Nationally Recognized Certification - Required
- Basic Life Support Program (BLS) - American Heart Association Required and
- Advanced Cardiovascular Life Support (ACLS) - American Heart Association Per Job Setting Required
Never or Rarely
To further Franciscan Alliance's commitment to provide and maintain a safe and healthy workplace and prevent the spread of COVID-19 among our coworkers and their families; our patients, visitors, and vendors, and the community at large all Franciscan workforce members must be vaccinated, unless granted an exemption. We are committed to making the communities we serve healthier.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
It is the policy of Franciscan Alliance to provide equal employment to its employees and qualified applicants for employment as otherwise required by an applicable local, state or Federal law.
Franciscan Alliance reserves a Right of Conscience objection in the event local, state or Federal ordinances that violate its values and the free exercise of its religious rights.
Franciscan Alliance is committed to equal employment opportunity.