Location: Lafayette, Indiana
Internal Number: R-063206
Franciscan Health Lafayette East Campus
1701 South Creasy Lane Lafayette, Indiana 47905
WHO WE ARE LOOKING FOR:
Franciscan Physician Network is seeking a Board Eligible/Board Certified Breast Surgeon to join our team and meet the growing demand for services in the Western Indiana division of Franciscan Health which includes hospitals in Lafayette, Crawfordsville and Rensselaer, Indiana. Fellowship training or appropriate clinical experience in breast surgery is desired. Qualified candidates will be responsible for evaluating and managing patient diagnoses to help detect, prevent, and treat both benign and malignant breast diseases. Surgeon will lead a comprehensive health care team in both ambulatory and surgical settings. Opportunity also includes direction for multidisciplinary aspects of breast cancer program with goal of accreditation by the National Accreditation Program for Breast Centers (NAPBC).
WHAT WE NEED:
The candidate will have a focus on clinical excellence and patient satisfaction. Physician will display exceptional interpersonal skills and have a desire to invest in the community and build long-lasting relationships with patients and their families.
WHAT YOU CAN EXPECT:
- Opportunity will be based in our new Franciscan Health Cancer Center Lafayette slated to open in 2024
- Cancer Center will include comprehensive breast diagnostic services, state-of-the-art radiation therapy technology and services, medical oncology and infusion services, and additional supportive services for cancer patients
- Position in Lafayette is an extension of existing Breast Specialists practice in Indianapolis, including professional collaboration and support
- Practice will focus exclusively on breast surgery with an emphasis on coordinated breast cancer treatment
- Typical Schedule: 3 days/week in Clinic and 2 days/week in Surgery
- Excellent support staff to include Advanced Practice Provider, Nurse Navigator, Clinic RN, and office personnel
- Call expectation: Take own call except when out of office, call is light with few emergencies and covered by front line nurse triage program
- Strong referral base from over 50+ primary care providers in area
WHO WE ARE:
Franciscan Health is a non-profit health care ministry with primary and specialty care physician groups located throughout Indiana and Illinois. Franciscan is known for our mission of caring. Our values of Respect for Life, Fidelity to Our Mission, Compassionate Concern, Joyful Service and Christian Stewardship extend to our employees and patients.
With 14 hospital ministries, Franciscan Health is one of the largest Catholic health care organizations in the Midwest. Franciscan Health includes over 1,000 employed physicians and advanced practice providers. Franciscan providers enjoy a team approach to care. Of our 260+ locations, many are nationally recognized Centers of Health Care Excellence.
WHAT WE OFFER:
At Franciscan Physician Network we strive to create a flexible and realistic work-life balance for our providers. Full- and part-time opportunities are offered with benefits, which could include:
- Competitive compensation, including income guarantee, with bonus incentives
- Generous recruitment bonus program including relocation allowance; commencement and retention packages
- Paid malpractice
- Full benefits package, including health, life, dental, vision and legal insurance
- Retirement options, including 403(b), 457(b), 401(a)
- Short- and Long-Term Own Occupation Disability
- Customized marketing support
- Leadership development through board and committee opportunities
For more information, please contact Physician and Provider Services Team at firstname.lastname@example.org or (844) 376-3627.
WHERE WE LIVE:
Lafayette is a multi-faceted town which encompasses a vibrant college scene, a beautiful natural landscape and a lively urban center. Across the Wabash River in West Lafayette, Purdue University draws a diverse young student population to the city. A walking tour of downtown Lafayette reveals a historic core of Victorian architecture, unique shops, and public art. Nature abounds in the city and area parks, including Columbian Park, the Celery Bog wetlands, the Jerry E. Clegg Botanical Garden along Wildcat Creek, and Wolf Park in Battle Ground. Lafayette offers an excellent art scene with local breweries, wineries, shops, pick your own fruit farms among many other amenities and activities.
Never or Rarely
To further Franciscan Alliance's commitment to provide and maintain a safe and healthy workplace and prevent the spread of COVID-19 among our coworkers and their families; our patients, visitors, and vendors, and the community at large all Franciscan workforce members must be vaccinated, unless granted an exemption. We are committed to making the communities we serve healthier.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
It is the policy of Franciscan Alliance to provide equal employment to its employees and qualified applicants for employment as otherwise required by an applicable local, state or Federal law.
Franciscan Alliance reserves a Right of Conscience objection in the event local, state or Federal ordinances that violate its values and the free exercise of its religious rights.
Franciscan Alliance is committed to equal employment opportunity.