Christian Brothers College High School, a private Catholic High School for young men in grades 9-12, is accepting applications for a full-time Religion teacher for the 2023-2024 school year. As a Lasallian school, CBC is committed to providing a college preparatory education that focuses on each student’s unique abilities and needs. Qualified candidates should submit a résumé, cover letter, and a minimum of two (2) references via e-mail to Mr. Jerry Heet, Assistant Principal, at firstname.lastname@example.org
be actively practicing the Catholic Faith and must share our core belief that all students can learn at high levels.
a commitment to Catholic education; an appropriate background in Theology, Religious Studies, and/or Religious Education;
the ability to work collaboratively as part of a Professional Learning Community;
a willingness to be involved in the school community beyond classroom teaching; familiarity with current educational theory and best practices;
basic familiarity with current educational technology; the ability to communicate effectively orally and in writing; and a deep, personal commitment to serving as an older brother or sister to those students entrusted to our care.
Two or more years of experience teaching at the high school level is preferred, but not required.
Christian Brothers College High School is a Catholic school committed to providing a college preparatory education to students from all backgrounds. As a Lasallian school, CBC's faculty and staff are dedicated to helping every student realize the maximum potential of his God-given talents and abilities.
The Christian Brothers were founded by St. John Baptist de La Salle, the patron saint of teachers. De La Salle was born in Reims, France, in 1651 and is the founder of the Brothers of the Christian Schools (commonly known as the De La Salle Christian Brothers.) As an educator, De La Salle is widely considered by scholars to have been an innovator in the development of teacher training programs as well as school curriculum and religious practices.
De La Salle recognized that teachers stand in a providential and grace-filled relationship with their students. He regarded the school as a faith community and sought teachers who were ministers of grace who exercise their vocation daily by instructing young people in the principles of the Gospel and academics.
Following this mission and vision, we strive to be a community of students, families, faculty and staff that is continuall...y aware of the presence and providence of God in every person's life. We provide an environment where students develop their unique talents and leadership potential in order to best prepare for college and for life.
The Lasallian philosophy of education is guided by five core principles. These principles provide the framework for our development of young men who are prepared for their tomorrow.
FAITH IN THE PRESENCE OF GOD
- We believe in the living presence of God in our students, our community and our world. At CBC, every class begins with a prayer and every prayer begins with the following recollection; "Let us remember that we are in the Holy Presence of God."
- CBC serves students at all academic levels and helps every young man achieve his full potential. The CBC Honors Program offers a rigorous academic curriculum that prepares high-achieving students to attend the best universities in the country. Additionally, our Learning Resource Center assists students in areas where they might otherwise struggle.
CONCERN FOR THE POOR AND SOCIAL JUSTICE
- Through classroom instruction, association with a diverse community and hands-on service, our students come to understand and respect all of God's children. Every Cadet provides a minimum of 132 hours of service throughout his four years. The CBC student body delivers more than 32,000 hours of service to the community every year.
RESPECT FOR ALL PERSONS
- We recognize and celebrate the strengths of every student and all people. CBC's ability to serve and inspire students at all academic levels and with a variety of God-given talents is truly unique among St. Louis private high schools.
- We are so proud that our school community includes young men from across the St. Louis region. Research has proven that all students benefit from this inclusive philosophy, as it allows young men to better understand the world around them and prepares them for life-long success.