Sacred Heart Schools, Atherton (SHS) is seeking excellent candidates for a Technology Support & AV Technician at the Preparatory.
Founded in 1898, SHS is a Roman Catholic, coeducational, independent school and is comprised of four divisions: SHS Preschool and Kindergarten, SHS Lower and Middle Schools for grades one through eight, and Sacred Heart Preparatory for grades nine through twelve.
Located on a beautiful 64acre campus in the San Francisco Bay Area, SHS is one of 23 schools in the U.S. Network of Sacred Heart Schools and is affiliated with a network of over 200 Sacred Heart schools worldwide. The school's mission is to educate the whole child to be a leader who loves God and serves others. For more information about the schools, please visit our website: https://www.shschools.org/about/overview
*We offer competitive compensation based on years of experience, education, and skill level. This position offers health and welfare benefits subject to plan parameters, including medical, dental, vision, Life & LTD, 403(b) retirement plan, and more.
Position Purpose: This position combines technology support and AV support. The incumbent will assist the Technology Specialists with their support of faculty/staff and student technology issues. In addition, the incumbent will work with various constituents on campus to set-up and take-down AV equipment, support live events (audio), and some live streaming of events. Some of the events may require evenings and weekends. This position reports to the Director of Technology and the SHS Senior Systems Engineer.
*This entry-level position is fully on-site and can be Full or Part-time.
Essential Functions Technology Support
- Provide help desk /technical assistance and support for all technology users for client hardware and software issues at the support centers on the SHS campus. This involves creating and maintaining logs of issues, prioritizing them, and communicating resolutions with users.
- Fully resolving all technical issues by identifying and implementing solutions.
- Update support tickets statuses in the campus helpdesk application.
- Keeping logs of tasks so that others can follow the work process if needed.
- Assist with technology training
- Set up and assist constituents with standalone audio systems and projector setups and operate A/V presentation systems (including projectors and large screens).
- Set up broadcast systems for in-class and large presentations.
- Assist in live streaming if required.
- Train end-users on the use of AV equipment
- Assist in the management of support tickets
- Maintain inventory and locations of equipment
- Special projects and/or event support
- Technical or some college education in the field of computer technology.
- Ability to provide inspirational support, advocacy, and technology assistance to faculty and students.
- Clear commitment to the educational philosophy of the school as articulated in the Goals and Criteria of a Sacred Heart Education and professional behavior based in it.
- Strong organizational skills; ability to manage interrupt-driven workload.
- Demonstrated ability to focus on the task at hand and excellent attention to detail.
- Ability to work autonomously with a variable schedule
- Effective, polite, and eager communicator, both written and verbal. Calmness and rationality with a bias towards customer service. Ability to project a professional demeanor at all times and under pressure and to assess which people need more immediate assistance and act accordingly.
- Ability to work well with a diverse group of students and colleagues
- Fluency in reading, writing, and speaking in English. Additional abilities in Spanish are strongly preferred.
- Excellent attendance and punctuality.
Physical Requirements and Work Environment:
- Works in a fast-paced environment dealing with a wide variety of challenges, deadlines, and complexities serving a varied constituency.
- Must comply with all state vaccination requirements and show proof of vaccination including but not limited to COVID-19 or proof of eligibility for exemption.
- Must be able to travel safely and comfortably across a 64-acre campus and be able to frequently, safely, and comfortably lift at least 50 lbs, and crawl under or around the furniture to install equipment.
- Work primarily in a traditional climate-controlled office environment. Work intermittently in outside weather conditions, including extreme heat and cold.
- Must be able to comfortably and safely climb, bend, pull, reach, kneel, stoop and see for near and far work.
- Must be able to view and operate a computer and related technology and equipment for at least 90% of working time.
To apply, please visit: SHS Careers