On August 2, 1887, Pope Leo XIII established the Diocese of Cheyenne, removing its territory from the Diocese of Omaha. By 1889, the diocese had five priests and 5,000 parishioners spread over a huge area.
Today, the Diocese, encompassing the entire state of Wyoming, is led by Bishop Steven R. Biegler and has 63 parishes, 39 priests, 28 deacons, and six Catholic schools.
The Diocese seeks a Director of Catholic School Leadership at an exciting time for the Diocese. The successful candidate will nurture and maintain strong collaboration among leaders of the six Catholic schools in the Diocese which are in Casper, Cheyenne, Gillette, Riverton, Rock Springs, and Sheridan. He/she will support principals and school leaders in deepening Catholic mission and identity, their professional development, and the ongoing formation of Boards. While developing and maintaining these goals, the Director will collaborate with the Bishop through a strong relationship with the Diocesan Catholic Schools Council.
Key areas of responsibility include:
- Identify and sustain common elements of Catholic mission and identity across Catholic schools;
- Coordinate and provide formation for leadership of schools in mission, governance, and operational vitality;
- Provide support for schools to achieve academic excellence;
- Ongoing formation of the diocesan catholic schools council: and,
- Assist school leaders with problem solving.
The Diocesan Schools Council consists of 9 – 12 members and is advisory to the Bishop. The Council’s purpose is:
- Identifying goals for the Catholic schools regarding the integration of Catholic mission and identity into strong governance practices;
- Assisting the Director in setting goals for professional growth of the Director and providing reliable support to accomplish these goals; and,
- Assisting the Director in helping Catholic schools fulfill the National Standards and Benchmarks for Effective Catholic Elementary and Secondary Schools of the National Catholic Educational Association.
- Supporting Vision 2030 for the Catholic schools in the Diocese.
While the search prospectus is being completed, you may learn more about the Diocese and its schools’ on its website here.
Candidates must have a master’s degree. He/she must have a minimum of five years’ experience in Catholic school education and/or leadership. Advancement/development experience is preferred. Additionally, candidates must be a practicing Catholic of proven faith, good morals, and good reputation.
The search committee is on a fast-track to identify and secure its next Director of Catholic School Leadership. Interested candidates can begin exploring this exciting opportunity by immediately contacting our team. All inquiries and applications will be treated with the highest degree of confidentiality and the greatest respect.
Candidates are expected to be available to assume the responsibilities of the position in July 2023.
This search is moving at a swift pace. Connect with us today!
Michael Furey, Partner
Partners in Mission School Leadership Search Solutions, LLC