Why we are the right fit for you
St. Theresa Catholic School is a beautiful 22-acre campus in the heart of Austin, Texas. We have a team of dedicated teachers and an amazingly generous parent community. With a commitment to individualized attention, our students seek knowledge and are eager learners. The 3rd Grade Teacher at St. Theresa Catholic School skillfully nurtures and facilitates the spiritual, emotional, academic, and social development of our students. This position has decision-making responsibilities within the framework of school policies, philosophy, organization, and curriculum. This is a full-time position hired and evaluated by the school Principal.
Requires: Bachelor's degree with successful completion of appropriate state certification exam.
Catholic schools in the Diocese of Austin are canonically obedient to the bishop and assist him in fulfilling his ministry and canonical obligations. Pastors, presidents, and principals serve as leaders of the schools to make Christ's mission present and enduring in the schools. In order to fulfill Christ's mission, the school leaders employ suitable, chosen collaborators, sharing with them Christ's mission and entrusting various responsibilities to them.
Top candidates will have
- Passion to make a difference in the lives of elementary children.
- Patience in lovingly meeting elementary-aged learners' spiritual, academic, behavioral, social, and emotional needs.
- Creativity to make learning both fun and meaningful.
- Flexibility to handle the educational, logistical, and interpersonal challenges of working in a team.
- Dedication to your profession and a desire to continually improve.
- Teach students in a classroom setting, managing their work output in the classroom and behavior on a daily basis.
- Develop teaching and learning materials for use in class, including lesson plans, exams and homework, homework and projects, and assignments that make use of all student skills.
- Modify lesson plans and materials to make them suitable for students' current learning levels.
- Monitor and track student progress and issue grades.
- Maintain relationships with parents and legal guardians of students in order to keep them informed of their child's progress.
- Work collaboratively with other teachers and administrators to provide individualized support for each student as needed.
- Ensure that students meet educational standards and school performance goals for their grade level.
- Maintain a work schedule that maximizes availability to students, parents, and staff.
- Support and uphold the philosophy of Catholic education and the school's mission.
- Act as a witness to Gospel values by modeling the teachings of the Roman Catholic Church.
- Continuously grow in your ministry by participating in religious ceremonies, training sessions, and reflection activities as directed.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Knowledge of the teachings of the Catholic Church.
- Knowledge of subjects taught, instructional methods and strategies, and curriculum differentiation.
- Knowledge of child development, learning, and behavior.
- Skill in handling multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Skill in pacing and differentiating instruction.
- Skill in motivating and engaging students in the learning process.
- Skill in organizing and relating information in an understandable format.
- Skill in using job-appropriate technology.
- Skill in critical thinking and planning.
- Bachelor's degree in the subject taught or related field from an accredited American university or equivalent in a foreign country.
- Previous experience preferred.
- A practicing Catholic is preferred.
Certifications and Training:
- Valid Texas driver's license.
- Must maintain compliance with the Diocese of Austin Ethics and Integrity in Ministry (EIM) policies throughout the employment period.
- Must meet the minimum requirements for the teaching field as set forth by the Diocese and TCCBED.
- Must meet staff development guidelines as set forth by the Diocese and school administration.
For more information, or to apply now, you must go to the website below. Please DO NOT email your resume to us as we only accept applications through our website.https://austindioceseschools.isolvedhire.com/jobs/834112-154462.html