Location: Meridian, Idaho
St. Luke's Health System in Boise, Idaho is seeking a Full-time Chaplain (Evening Schedule) to join our Spritual Care team.
Schedule: 2-10:30PM; one weekend shift per month
Summary:The Chaplain 3 shares in the ministry of caring for the physical, spiritual and emotional needs of the patients, their families, and the staff of the hospital.
- Assesses the spiritual needs of patients, families and staff.
- Provides spiritual counseling and supportive care and guidance.
- Makes routine rounds on assigned units.
- Acts as a liaison between staff, family, friends or community clergy of patients during periods of crisis.
- Document assessments and interventions on the patient record as appropriate.
- Completes decedent care protocols and assists family to use their faith system in coping with death.
- Uses relevant methodologies to assist all members of the interdisciplinary team, patients and family in arriving at consensus over ethical matters.
- May serve as preceptor, mentor, and serves as a subject matter expert.
- May assume lead responsibilities within assigned functional area.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- Education: Master of Divinity or Theology Degree.
- Experience: 4 years's of related experience.
- Must have: Documentation of endorsement by a recognized religious or spiritual organization to provide spiritual care in a clinical setting.
- In addition to the above licenses/certification must hold one of the following:
- Association of Professional Chaplains
- National Association of Catholic Chaplains
Why St. Luke's
A strong, talented staff is at the heart of St. Luke's Health System. We are the state's largest employer with more than 15,000 employees and a medical staff of more than 1,800 physicians and advanced practice providers. We're proud of our people who deliver skilled, compassionate care every day, and are looking to add dedicated individuals who will continue this same tradition of excellence.
About Meridian, Idaho
The city of Meridian is a suburb of Boise located approximately 10 miles from downtown Boise. Meridian is a premier place to live and work with just under 90,000 residents. This clean and attractive city is framed by mountains and has a pleasant mild, 4-season climate and excellent commerce. The city offers a wide selection of nearby recreational activities such as skiing, 130 miles of hiking trails and 25 miles of paths which link 850 acres of parks. Meridian offers premier shopping, dining and entertainment.
Learn more about what Meridian and the Treasure Valley has to offer you:
St. Luke's Health System | City of Meridian | The Village | Boise Convention and Visitors Bureau | Boise Parks and Recreation | Boise Museum Association | Boise Music Festival | Boise Philharmonic | Downtown Boise Restaurants | Hyde Park events | Treefort Music Festival | First Thursdays | Alive After Five | Capitol City Public Market | Runs and Triathlons | Shakespeare Festival | Sawtooth National Forest | Visit Idaho.org
*St. Luke's is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate against any person on the basis of race, religion, color, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other status or condition protected by law.