About the Employer
Tracing its roots to Ursuline academy, founded in 1858, Cardinal Newman School opened on the parish grounds of St. Peter's Catholic Church in Columbia as both Ursuline and Catholic High schools respectively until moving to Forest Drive in 1961, where it remained until December 2015. In January 2016, Cardinal Newman opened a state-of-the-art, 76-acre campus, 16 acres added in 2019, at 2945 Alpine Road for students in seventh through twelfth grades.
Cardinal Newman School serves families seeking a Catholic Middle and High School education in the Columbia area from diverse socio economic and cultural backgrounds. We challenge our students to embrace truth, pursue academic excellence, act with integrity, lead courageously, work for justice, and engage in generous service. We are a community where every student is known, the dignity of all is appreciated, and apparent and potential gifts are developed in mind, body, and spirit.