St. Joseph's Catholic School is a nationally known, award-winning school recognized for excellence in academics and Catholic identity. Located in Greenville, South Carolina (one of America's most livable cities), St. Joseph's educates 650 students in grades 6-12. Currently, we are in search of an individual who desires to join our community in a senior leadership role as the Dean of Student Life. This person will embrace the belief that the teenage years in a child’s life are a privileged time of development, requiring accompaniment that engages them at their level of need. This person sees each child as worthy of excellent formation of mind, body, and spirit. To support our mission of forming young people in the image and likeness of Christ, the Dean of Student Life will:
Promote and contribute to a culture of positivity and joy through a focus on healthy relationships and proactive involvement throughout our school community.
Maintain a spirit of calm order, recognizing the importance of accountability within an environment where mistakes are expected and inevitable. This includes the establishment of a written discipline policy that outlines expected behavior, consequences, and communication to students and parents.
Support faculty in the development of effective classroom management techniques and strategies.
Support students with education on expected behaviors; provide guidance and formation when student behavior needs adjustment.
Coordinate annual review and revision of parent/student handbook.
Provide learning opportunities for faculty, staff, students, and parents that relate to relevant areas of influence, including - but not limited to - social media, distracted driving, healthy relationships, healthy living.
Works with students with discipline issues to correct their behavior and help them understand what behaviors need to be adjusted.
Coordinate student supervision at SJCS events; maintain a presence at evening events.
Serve as a model of authentic, faithful Christian living.
Candidates must, at a minimum, possess a Bachelor’s degree in the appropriate field, share a passion for working with young people, and embrace the Catholic mission and philosophy of the school. A graduate degree and teaching experience are preferred. Send resume to St. Joseph’s Catholic School, Attention: Lisa Lawrence, 100 St. Joseph’s Drive, Greenville, SC 29607 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. Visit www.sjcatholicschool.org for more information about the school. Review of resumes to begin immediately.
About St. Joseph's Catholic School
St. Joseph’s Catholic School is a private, Roman Catholic, co-educational, college-preparatory day school recognized and approved by and within the Diocese of Charleston. St. Joseph’s seeks academic excellence and strives to form the minds, hearts, and souls of its students in the likeness of Christ. St. Joseph’s Catholic School…
• Creates a joyful Catholic school culture rooted in the sacramental life of the Church
• Pursues a rigorous liberal arts curriculum designed to develop a Catholic/Christian vision of the world, of life, of culture, and of history
• Provides students of college-preparatory abilities with the knowledge and skills necessary to succeed in higher education and in life
• Encourages students to participate in co-curricular activities which complement and enrich their academic studies
• Welcomes students of other religious backgrounds in an atmosphere of Christian love
• Nurtures each student’s awareness of his or her unique God-given vocation and fosters his or her desire to live out that call for the glory of God and for the good of others