The school counselor operates under the supervision of the Director of Counseling providing guidance and counseling to students and families through a comprehensive program including academic, career, and personal counseling. This position works individually with students and provides guidance to faculty to promote student success, developing academic plans to address student learning differences and provide support in and out of the classroom.
Professionalism in building collaborative relationships with students, families, and colleagues
· Proficiency in verbal and written communications skills
· Proficiency in using testing recommendations, teacher ratings, and student and parent reports to formulate educational planning
· Efficiency in managing time and balancing multiple responsibilities
· Enthusiasm for working with students
· Persistence in meeting students needs and addressing challenges
· Confidentiality in handling student information
· This position operates under the counseling services within a professional school environment. This role involves regular contact with students and families and routine collaboration with faculty, parents, and other professionals.
Master’s degree in Counseling or other related field preferred
3+ years of experience preferred
About Christian Brothers High School -- Memphis
Christian Brothers High School is a community of believers in the Lasallian tradition, inclusive of students, faculty, staff, parents, and alumni, who represent various religious, ethnic, and economic backgrounds, working together to achieve a shared mission: To give a human and Christian education to the young and to promote peace and justice, with a commitment to the service of the poor.
We value the uniqueness and dignity of the individual and the well-being of the entire Christian Brothers High School community. We value the ongoing development of our spiritual, academic, social, and physical formation in light of gospel values.
In an atmosphere of academic excellence and in appreciation of individual differences, we at Christian Brothers High School inspire and direct individuals toward an increased understanding of themselves and their community. We strive to encourage a personal sense of honor and self?discipline, service to others, a respect for all life, and a growth toward a mature relationship with God.
In light of our shared mission, the Christian Brothers High School community works together to minister in an orderly environment which encourages learning as a lifelong process, independent thinking, concern for the individual, and service to the community.