The Alumni Relations / Events Coordinator will work directly with the Advancement Associate as an ambassador of the school, helping to cultivate and steward the St. Vincent de Paul High School (SVdPHS) alumni community. This Coordinator will be instrumental in completing projects and tasks that engage alumni and provide them opportunities to participate in advancing the mission of the school. One of the main tasks will be to implement a new piece of alumni software for SVdPHS. In addition, the Coordinator will be responsible for helping to organize annual events.
1. Assist in implementing new alumni software to interface with the St. Vincent de Paul High School website.
2. Utilizing the alumni software package, create a quarterly online newsletter for alumni.
3. Maintain social media channels, including Facebook current with school happenings and alumni outreach.
4. Maintain content for SVdPHS website.
5. Help to build/create the strategy for SVdPHS alumni relations going forward.
6. Assist in coordination of reunions with alumni.
7. Collaborate with other faculty/administrative offices, such as Admissions, Finance, Scholarship, Registrar, etc. as needed.
8. Assist in organizing annual events as needed.
Future Goals for Coordinator:
1. Create an Alumni Career Day on campus, where various alumni can share their current job experience with students.
2. Recruit alumni ambassadors to actively connect and communicate with other alums to spread the word and advance the mission of the school.
1. Must be self-starter/self-motivated, well organized, detail oriented and able to work with minimal supervision.
2. BA or BS with excellent written and oral communication skills.
3. Must possess the ability to multitask and coordinate multiple activities simultaneously while completing tasks in an accurate and timely manner.
4. Must be trustworthy with SVHS confidential business data.
5. Solid computer proficiency and experience including MS Office.
6. Working knowledge of Facebook and Constant Contacts preferred.
7. Willingness to evaluate and pursue new opportunities in alumni relations and adapt to a changing environment as required.
8 Ability to coordinate activities with other members to create an efficient and successful team environment.
9. Marketing and branding experience preferred.
About St. Vincent de Paul High School
St. Vincent de Paul High School ("SVHS"), celebrates 101-years of educating students in the Vincentian education model of “Enter to Learn, Leave to Serve.” SVHS is a parochial college prep school of 240 students from three Northern California counties and is located adjacent to the beautiful Sonoma and Napa wine regions. Just forty minutes north of the Golden Gate Bridge and San Francisco, Petaluma is a historical town located on the Petaluma River.