The Board of Trustees of Cristo Rey Atlanta Jesuit High School is conducting a search for the next President. Cristo Rey Atlanta Jesuit provides a rigorous, college-preparatory education integrated with a work study program. The Catholic learning community serves young people of limited economic means, of any faith or creed.
As Chief Executive Officer, the President leads Cristo Rey Atlanta Jesuit High School to achieve its mission as a member of the national Cristo Rey Network and the Jesuit School Network. The President is hired by and accountable to the Cristo Rey Atlanta Jesuit High School Board of Trustees with the approval of the Society of Jesus and the Cristo Rey Network.
The President has overall responsibility for the management of the school. The President will lead the school in the development, implementation, maintenance, and monitoring of an exceptional program that supports and promotes the school’s mission and values with special emphasis on the religious and spiritual orientation of the school.
The President will be the school’s apostolic leader and primary institutional spokesperson to all the school’s constituents. The President leads and directs the school’s administrative team to accomplish stated goals to achieve the mission. The President’s primary responsibilities include:
· Represents the school internally and externally, communicating the mission and programs of Cristo Rey Atlanta to the school’s various publics, including working with groups representing the school at civic, religious and other public functions.
· Serves as the principle liaison in communications with the USA East Province, Cristo Rey Network, Jesuit Schools Network and the Archdiocese of Atlanta. Specifically ensures that the school follows the 10 Cristo Rey Network Mission Effectiveness Standards and Mission Statement as well as the standards of the Jesuit School Network.
· Provides spiritual leadership to permeate students, faculty and staff with the fundamental values and beliefs of school’s mission.
· Works closely with the Executive Committee (if one is established) and the Board of Trustees; communicates clearly and timely on matters impacting the school; is a member of all standing committees and participates in their meetings; and provides assistance in setting various agendas.
· The President is responsible for collaborating effectively with the Board Chair and other members of Board leadership to ensure that the Board of Trustees is properly supported by the school administration and is comprised of members who can help the school achieve its mission.
· Pursuant to the Trustee-approved budget, provides final approval for financial affairs of the organization, including achieving budgetary goals and managing investments.
· Ensures that appropriate accounting systems and internal controls are in place and maintained and provides regular financial reports to the Board of Trustees of all funds and assets of the Corporation and all income and expenditures pertaining to its operations.
· Ensures that the right people are hired and retained for the right positions and supports them in their growth and professional development.
· Provides support and leadership in all school undertakings, including excellence in academic development; securing and retaining corporate job sponsors; serving as the school’s chief fundraiser; ensuring that the assets of the school are kept in good working order and used to maximize the ministry of the school.
First and foremost, the President must be committed to education reform – particularly for traditionally underserved students – and have passion for the distinct mission, values, academic standards, and Catholic identity of the Cristo Rey Network and the Jesuit School Network such that s/he can inspire people to support this unique education model. Must be a practicing Catholic living in conformity with the teachings of the Church.
• Awareness of and commitment to the Catholic traditions of education, service and social justice; the credibility to lead and represent a Catholic organization with integrity; and the facility for working well with diverse Catholic church leaders, lay and clerical. • Exceptional communication and interpersonal skills including proven ability to engage and inspire a wide range of stakeholders, build creative and mutually beneficial relationships within the philanthropic, corporate, public, and nonprofit sectors. • Proven fundraising and/or revenue generating success, preferably in the non-profit sector and with foundations. • Significant visionary leadership and management experience, with demonstrated success in addressing immediate organizational needs but driving toward longer-term goals with buy-in from all stakeholders. • The executive presence to inspire organizational and professional confidence, passion and persistence in an ambitious, fast-paced, and results-oriented period of growth, all while maintaining a positive work environment. • The maturity and wisdom required to optimize Board members’ engagement in the mission. • Strategic planning experience and execution capabilities. • Strong budget management skills. • Unquestionable integrity.
All interested candidates must submit their resume with a cover letter, including salary requirements, via email to Shatavia Richardson, Humans Resources Manager, firstname.lastname@example.org, by April 15, 2019. Interviews will be conducted in May with a final determination made in June, 2019. The new President will start July 1, 2020.
About Cristo Rey Atlanta Jesuit High School
Cristo Rey Atlanta Jesuit High School is a Catholic learning community that educates young people of limited economic means, of any faith or creed, to become men and women for and with others. Through a rigorous college preparatory curriculum, integrated with a relevant work study experience, students graduate prepared for college and life.