The Assistant Superintendent of Schools will support the Superintendent in providing vision, leadership, and direction for the mission and operation of the 19 elementary and high schools in the Roman Catholic Diocese of Nashville. This practicing Catholic will promote and advance the Catholic identity, academic excellence, and viability of the Catholic schools while maintaining the principles of stewardship to advance the catechetical and educational mission of the Church. She/he will oversee the collaborative process for developing and maintaining curriculum standards, provide opportunities for the development and growth of Catholic School teachers, oversee federal funded programs, coordinate diocesan-wide assessments and related follow up, serve on accreditation internal review committee, and promote all accreditation initiatives.
For consideration, please email cover letter, resume and list of three references to:
Rebecca Hammel, Superintendent of Schools
• A practicing Roman Catholic in good standing with the Church, able to respect, promote, accommodate, and not conflict with the mission, moral and social teachings, doctrines, and laws of the Roman Catholic faith.
• A Master’s degree in Education Leadership & Supervision or Curriculum.
• At least five years of administration experience in Catholic education as a school principal, school administrator, or diocesan Catholic education official. Experience with both elementary schools and high schools strongly preferred.
• Experience promoting private school needs to local education agencies for receiving ESSA funding strongly preferred.
• Excellent presentation skills including public speaking, verbal and written communication skills. Skill in producing concise reports and recommendations, making presentations to varied groups, and articulating an inspiring commitment to the Mission and Vision of Catholic schools in the Diocese.
• High level of accuracy and attention to detail.
• Proficient in the use of the Microsoft Office suite of products.
• Ability to travel to Catholic schools throughout the diocese.
About Diocese of Nashville
The Catholic Schools Office in the Diocese of Nashville serves 19 Catholic schools enrolling 5,669 students in Middle Tennessee. Our mission is to promote a love for and a knowledge of Christ through a quality education in the Catholic tradition.