St. Gabriel’s Catholic School is seeking a part-time Middle School Language Arts teacher to teach 7th and 8th Grade Language Arts. SGCS is a co-educational Catholic school serving students from Prekindergarten 3 through 8th grade in Austin, Texas. SGCS provides a challenging and enriched curriculum that allows graduates to achieve success in the high schools of their choice.
Middle School Language Arts teachers are expected to assist students in achieving a deep understanding of analytical reading and the writing process in order to develop their critical thinking, problem-solving, and collaborative skills. The ideal candidate, therefore, has at least three years of teaching experience in Middle School language arts, has demonstrated a passion for middle school students and for language arts, and is either experienced in, or willing to develop expertise in, social emotional learning, project-based learning, STEAM instruction, technology-rich and differentiated instruction. SGCS is a 1:1 laptop school, thus teachers are expected to demonstrate meaningful skill with technology in order to create authentic learning experiences for their students. Faculty members act as advisors in the Middle School, in addition to fulfilling various other school duties.
St. Gabriel’s is the only independent junior kindergarten through eighth-grade Catholic school in Austin. Our beautiful 32-acre campus is nestled in the rolling hills of the beautiful Central Texas Hill Country.
Our extraordinary faculty works to create a strong parent-school partnership. Our learning environment is inclusive, collaborative and participative. We welcome children of all faiths.
H...ere’s why St. Gabriel’s was named Favorite Private School by the Austin Family Magazine Reader’s Poll in 2014 and 2015. St. Gabriel’s offers:
1. Innovative curricular programs and learning opportunities that nurture a love of learning;
2. A Christ-centered learning environment that inspires students to be informed and ethical leaders who will possess a lifelong commitment to Christian values and service;
3. Best-in-class technological resources to support student learning, including a one-to-one laptop program, iPads, and tele-presence capabilities;
4. STEAM by Design, an approach to learning that integrates design thinking and the Maker Movement to create and invent through hands-on activities;
5. A focus on developing virtues to foster a spirit of generosity and lifelong commitment to family and community;
Faith is the foundation of all things in our community, as well as the tradition of Catholic education where virtue, excellence, leadership and service are emphasized and valued.
We believe in motivating and empowering our students to think critically and become 21st century thought leaders. Academics are important, but so are meaningful character formation, kindness, respect, manners and sportsmanship. At St. Gabriel’s, each child is known, respected, encouraged and loved.
Here we challenge our students to become the best version of themselves.