Position Summary: Will teach Science to Grades 7 and 8 students. Will serve as one of two Grade 8 homeroom teachers.
· Develop and document weekly lesson plans consistent with curriculum guidelines
· Provide grade-appropriate instructional program
· Maintain high professional standards consistent with the mission of the school and teachings of the CatholicChurch
· Supervise students and maintain classroom management
· Implement lesson plans, utilizing techniques to motivate, challenge, and engage students
· Access and document student progress
· Establish reasonable and consistent standards for student achievement
· Interact effectively and respond to all parent communication in a professional, empathetic, and timely manner
· Participate in faculty meetings, retreats, school committees, and in-service learning opportunities
· Work collaboratively with other teachers, staff, and administration
· Effectively integrate technology in a manner consistent with a 21st century classroom
· Bachelor's degree and appropriate Maryland teaching certification required
· Ideal candidate will have sound mastery of academic content knowledge as well as mastery of 21st century teaching skills, including critical thinking, problem solving, communication, technology literacy, collaboration, and creativity.