Padua Academy is seeking qualified applicants for a full-time Science teacher for the 2017-2018 school year. Primary teaching responsibilities will be in Chemistry and may include Honors or Advanced Placement Chemistry. Teachers with Chemistry/Biology or Chemistry/Physics backgrounds are encouraged to apply. Padua offers a variety of Science electives that include Advanced Chemistry, Organic Chemistry, Anatomy, Ethics of Science, AP Biology, and Environmental Science.
Padua Academy is a Catholic, college-preparatory, secondary school for girls located in Wilmington, Delaware. Founded in 1954, Padua is accredited by the Middle States Association of Colleges and Secondary Schools and has been named a National School of Excellence by the United States Department of Education. Padua Academy is a four-time recipient of the State of Delaware’s “Superstars in Education” Award and was named as a Top 50 National Catholic High School. Padua Academy currently enrolls 660 young women in grades 9 - 12. The student/faculty ratio is 13:1 and more than 71% of our faculty members have earned masters or doctoral degrees.
* A commitment to the values of the Catholic faith
* Minimum of Bachelor’s Degree in Chemistry or equivalent coursework
* Certification. Non-certified candidates will be considered but must begin the process if hired
* Previous Science teaching experience at the secondary level
* Implement curriculum, develop and present lesson plans using a variety of teaching strategies.
* Develop laboratory experiments to enhance learning.
* Must be comfortable using Vernier Logger pro lab equipment and software.
* Provide a safe environment conducive to learning.
How to Apply:
Candidates for this position should submit a cover letter, resume, and contact information for three references to Mr. Brandon Lawler, Science Dept. Chairperson, at email@example.com