· Must be a practicing Catholic with current catechist certification.
· Knowledge and understanding of and commitment to the Sion mission.
· Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Theology or related subject matter.
· A minimum of three-five years Campus Ministry and teaching experience in a PreK-8 school environment.
· Excellent verbal and written communications skills.
· Demonstrated leadership and facilitative skills.
· Strong public speaking skills.
· Ability to interact with parents, faculty and staff.
· Flexibility and strong ability to work collegially with the faculty and support team.
· An accessible and approachable people personality with a good sense of humor.
· Self-confident and secure in one’s achievements.
· Able to set goals and accept professional feedback.
· Must demonstrate competency with school related technology.
· Special consideration will be given to candidates with experience in leading and preparing liturgical music and those with diverse ethnic and racial backgrounds.
Essential Job Duties
· Under the direction of the Grade School Mission Director and the Diocesan School Office, assist in the revision and implementation of a PreK-8 religious education curriculum.
· Prepare monthly curricular guides for preK-3 grade teachers.
· Conduct bi-weekly theology classes for grades 4-8.
· Must be skilled in the areas of: classroom management, project-based learning, home/school communication, and presenting challenging and creative content.
· Lead and guide the spiritual life of the grade school community.
· Under the supervision and in collaboration with the Grade School Mission Director, serve as liturgical director for all Masses, prayer services, weekly Chapel services, retreats, and interfaith prayer services.
· Collaborate with the Grade School Mission Director to ensure that Sion’s mission is at the heart of our programming and student life.
· Work in collaboration with Mission Directors and HS Campus Minister to coordinate and support annual Sion Feast Day Celebration and Mass.
· Maintain the chapel environment and procure needed supplies.
· Coordinate with priests for all school Masses.
· Serve as liaison to Diocesan Office.
· Communicate with parents of second grade students who are receiving the sacraments of Reconciliation and Eucharist in their home parishes.
· Collaborate with the front office, facilities, and technology departments for set-up of campus ministry events.
Notre Dame de Sion Schools is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to diversity and inclusion (see Notre Dame de Sion Schools Statement on Diversity). We encourage all qualified candidates who aim to support our mission and actively participate in our diverse and inclusive community to apply.
The above description covers the most significant duties performed, but does not exclude assignments not mentioned.
Please submit the following documents for consideration: cover letter, curriculum vitae or resume, statement of educational philosophy and list of references to Gina Moffitt, firstname.lastname@example.org, Director of Human Resources, by Friday, June 2, 2017.