PRIMARY FUNCTION: Reporting to the Director of Advancement, the Assistant Director will further the work and mission of the National Catholic Educational Association (NCEA) to lead, learn, and proclaim the good news of Catholic education in the United States to Catholic schools and supporting donors and partners, according to Association strategic plans.
This position will be responsible for developing new facets of the institutional advancement program; with primary focus on expanding entry level of corporate partnership and the basic fundraising activities for the Association. Responsibilities will include increasing and diversifying organizational revenue streams, enhancing relationships with the philanthropic community, including past, current, and future donors, expanding the Association’s online giving capabilities, report preparation, and interaction with members and potential partners. Successful candidates will possess extensive development and fundraising experience, deep intellectual curiosity, well developed solicitation and cultivation abilities, strong technology skills, excellent interpersonal skills, multiple project coordination experience, and the ability to work well with all levels of internal management and outside stakeholders and vendors.
- Work closely with Director of Advancement to set fundraising strategy consistent with Association’s goals.
- Increase and diversify revenue streams to help build programmatic and organizational capacity.
- Develop innovative ways to expand net revenue.
- Identify opportunities and effectively execute strategies for enhancing relationships with the philanthropic community including past, current, and future donors.
- Work with the Director of Advancement to nurture and expand corporate partnerships.
- Collaborate with the President’s Office and events staff to execute high-level cultivation and stewardship events.
- Work collaboratively with the Director of Advancement to refine and execute the Corporate Partner Program, expanding gross revenue in the program in excess of 7% per year.
- Work collaboratively with the Director of Advancement to refine and execute the Seton Gala, expanding gross revenue in the program in excess of 2.5% per year.
- Assist in the cultivation of Seton Award recipients as well as solicit gifts of $25K+ from nominators and recipients.
- Solicitation of gifts of $5K+ from individual donors.
- Expand the Association’s online giving capabilities and gross receipts.
- Work with Association services departments to secure large, multi-year grants.
- Ensure development records are reconciled with accounting records, timely acknowledgements are sent, donor and prospect files are maintained, and database records are maintained.
- Provide consultation to Association members regarding best practices related to institutional advancement and fundraising.
- Provide webinars, workshops, as well as online and print resources to members regarding institutional advancement and fundraising.
- Other duties as assigned by the Director of Advancement.