St. Dunstan Catholic School
Date: May 1, 2017
School Name: St. Dunstan School
School Address: 1150 Magnolia Avenue, Millbrae, CA 94030
St Dunstan School, in Millbrae, California, is a Catholic Parish Elementary School, Kindergarten through Eighth grade. The school has been committed to carrying out the ministry of Jesus Christ in the education of youth for the past 65 years. Under the direction of the Holy Ghost Fathers, the faculty educates students to be active Christians, lifelong learners, responsible citizens, and problem solvers.
Statement of Philosophy
Our educational program emphasizes the development of the whole person: spiritual, moral, social, intellectual, artistic, physical and emotional. Vital to this developmental process is the belief that parents are the primary educators of their children. The partnership of family, school and parish is valued and fostered.
As an extension of the family, St Dunstan School prepares its students for their future roles as contributing members of a scientifically and technologically advanced society. Each student is expected to achieve his/her highest level of scholarship, while learning values that help them become compassionate, contributing and responsible members of their church and of society. All our activities, curricular and co-curricular, are designed to instill in each student a lifelong reverence for God and His creation; and to affirm the rich cultural diversity of our students, families, and teachers while building a positive community spirit and involvement. Within this environment of peace, security and love, we endeavor to provide an excellent Catholic education in order to send forth students who are equipped with personal confidence, academic skills, a sense of belonging and a religious commitment that will enable them to contribute responsibly to Church and society in the 21s t century.
What do we offer?
- Strong emphasis on prayer, service, and moral development
- Comprehensive Curricular and Extracurricular Programs including after-school music program, chess club, study groups
- Curriculum Support and Enrichment Programs: Accelerated Reading and integrated common core Math Program, Accelerated Math, Art-in-Action
- Fully equipped Technology Lab and Science Lab
- Reading Specialist, Resource Specialist, School Counselor, Spanish (K-8)
- Fully Accredited by the Western Association of Schools and Colleges and the Western Associations of Catholic Schools
General Duties and Responsibilities:
The principal provides leadership in the development and direction of an instructional program designed to achieve Archdiocesan and parish objectives. S/he is responsible for the complete operation of the school, including all its approved functions and services.
As administrator of the school, the principal shall:
- Maintain the school as a mission of the parish.
- Provide leadership in instruction, curriculum development, and evaluation.
- Provide leadership for professional growth.
- Select, supervise, and evaluate staff.
- Provide leadership in school and community relations.
- Manage student activities.
- Assure effective and relevant use of personnel resources and physical plant.
- Plan the budget and manage funds assigned to school.
Application Instructions: Please submit a cover letter and resume to:
Bret E. Allen
Associate Superintendent of Catholic Schools firstname.lastname@example.org
Or contact the school directly:
Rev. Brendan Hally - Associate Pastor; email@example.com
Rosemary Malouf - Director of Marketing and Communications; firstname.lastname@example.org