Open: March 15, 2017 - Close: May 31, 2017
Don Bosco Cristo Rey is a private, Catholic, college-prep high school sponsored by the Archdiocese of Washington and the Salesians of Don Bosco, serving students of diverse backgrounds from financially challenged families who live in the greater Washington metropolitan area. Don Bosco Cristo Rey’s mission is to provide an affordable, safe, values-centered education which prepares graduates for success in college and life. The Corporate Work Study Program (CWSP), is a unique feature of the school. A separate corporation, it trains the students for entry-level clerical employment, and markets their services to local corporate clients.
Overall Position Description:
The Business Development Manager works closely with the Executive Director to establish sales strategy, goals, and objectives, and to develop and retain corporate partnerships through the Corporate Work Study Program. The Business Development Manager is responsible for securing sufficient paying jobs to support student enrollment. Critical to the success of the Business Development Manager is the ability to make asks, close deals and maintain relationships. The Business Development Manager is expected to spend significant time in the field, making presentations to prospects, cold calling possible partners and visiting clients.
Brief Summary of Duties:
- Manage the prospect pipeline through all stages, including lead generation, cultivation, and contracting.
- Acquire and onboard 15-20 new paying job partners each year (500- 600K per year)
- Enhance community awareness of Don Bosco Cristo Rey’s mission by participating in school sponsored and community events.
- Work with the Development Office on events related to donor cultivation, job procurement and retention.
- Collaborate with the development department, school leadership, board, jobs committee and key stakeholders in an effort to maximize revenue generation
- Create the annual sales strategy and quarterly sales goals in coordination with the Corporate Work Study Program’s business development needs and school enrollment goals.
- Coordinate the specific objectives of the plan and provide monthly updates, revisions, and modifications to the plan.
- In coordination with the Executive Director, establish both market and target customer strategies for the Corporate Work Study Program.
- Research market and local trends so as to promote mutual value propositions
- Coordinate the revision, inventory and distribution of promotional materials, as needed.
- Spend significant time in the field conducting sales meetings and presentations to various groups.
- Maintain a prospect/sales database and generate monthly sales reports using Salesforce.
- Work with key stakeholders of DBCR, research, network and cold call to generate hundreds of leads a year.