The John Carroll School, founded in 1964, located in Bel Air, Maryland invites applications for the position of Interim President & CEO.
John Carroll is a Catholic, co-educational, college preparatory learning community educating approximately 700 students in grades 9 through 12. Guided by the spirit of America’s first Catholic archbishop and early patriot, we empower a diverse student population to attain its highest potential. Through innovative practices and curriculum, we prepare students to positively influence a global society as critical thinkers and creative problem solvers while being socially responsible, spiritually centered, and morally grounded in our Catholic beliefs.
Reporting to the Board of Trustees and subject to guidance by the Superintendent of Catholic Schools of the Archdiocese of Baltimore, the President serves as Chief Executive Officer with overall responsibility for the business affairs and direction of the school and school operations including fundraising / development, human resources, finance and budget, facilities, institutional policy and enrollment management. The President serves as the primary representative of the school to alumni, donors and external civic, religious and academic organizations. Many of the responsibilities for the academic program and student formation are delegated to the Principal / Chief Academic Officer.
- Active and practicing Catholic in good standing
- Proven effective leadership skills with ability to communicate a vision and build support among all constituents.
- Exemplary oral and written communication and administrative skills
- Impeccable integrity
- Familiarity with private education and ability to build strong ties to educators
- Experience in fiscal, facilities and personnel management
- Strong networking and fundraising ability
- Master’s Degree in education, business administration or the equivalent a plus
- Available to travel and attend evening and weekend functions
For consideration, please submit via email a letter stating personal interest, a comprehensive resume, and a list of references (with addresses and telephone numbers) by June 7, 2017 to:
Louis J. Vigliotti
Vice Chairman of the Board of Trustees
For additional information about the school, please visit the school website: http://johncarroll.org