The Catholic Diocese of Santa Rosa and St. Vincent de Paul High School are pleased to accept applications for the position of President.
St. Vincent de Paul High School, founded in 1916, is a small, coeducational Roman Catholic, college preparatory parish high school. Located in Petaluma, California, one mile from St. Vincent de Paul Catholic Church and our partner elementary school, St. Vincent de Paul Elementary School. There are currently 289 students, (146 male, 143 female, grades 9-12) who come from southern Sonoma County and northern Marin representing 22 different partner schools, as well as a small group of international students who enhance the learning experience for all. The school is a part of the Diocese of Santa Rosa and accredited by the Western Catholic Education Association (WCEA) and the Western Association of Schools and Colleges (WASC). St. Vincent de Paul High School enjoys a strong network of support and deep connections among its students, faculty, staff, alumni, parishioners, and generous benefactors. In the 2008 WASC report the school was described by the visiting team as the “Friendliest School in America.”
The mission of St. Vincent de Paul High School is to educate students through a college preparatory curriculum that develops their spiritual, academic, and social potential. As a Catholic school, we teach Gospel values and ideals and provide opportunities for our students to experience and grow in their faith. Our goal is for students to become compassionate, responsible and active members of their communities.
The President works in partnership with the Pastor, Board of Regents, and the Superintendent of Schools.
The President is directly responsible for the business affairs of the school; for ensuring sufficient resources, sound fiscal management and financial stability of the school through direct oversight of the business operations, fundraising/development, community relations, marketing, student recruitment and enrollment management activities
- A practicing Catholic in good standing, able and willing to give witness to the Catholic Faith at all times
- Master's degree in administration or the equivalent, preferred
- Successful experience in Institutional Advancement/Development
- Experience working in a Catholic high school
- Experience working with a diverse student population
- Experience in fiscal, facilities, and personnel management
- Ensures the school’s mission effectiveness and Catholic identity through faith leadership in keeping with the Roman Catholic Church tradition
- Acts as the chief executive officer of the school, responsible to the Pastor of St. Vincent de Paul Catholic Church, the St. Vincent de Paul High School Board of Regents and the Diocese of Santa Rosa through the Department of Catholic Schools for duties and responsibilities assigned to the Office of the President
- Acts in unison with the Principal to ensure excellent compliance with the school’s accreditation agency, the Western Catholic Educational Association (WCEA), as well as ensuring the long-term viability of all student programs
- Works collaboratively with the St. Vincent de Paul High School Board of Regents and acknowledges and supports the work of the Board
- Directs the vision and personnel of the Advancement and Development Office and the Business Department
- Monitors proper fiscal and facilities management of the institution
- Works in collaboration with St. Vincent de Paul Catholic Church and St. Vincent de Paul Elementary School
- Promotes the school and its programs to the extended community
- Assumes additional responsibilities as requested by the Department of Catholic Schools
For consideration, submit resume with cover letter and complete contact information to Dr. Linda Norman, Superintendent of Schools, email@example.com.