Position: High School Chemistry Instructor
St. Joseph High School in Victoria, Texas has an opening for a full-time Chemistry instructor for Fall/Aug 2017. The successful applicant will primarily teach chemistry course, yet ability to teach other courses will be a plus.
The ideal applicant will have significant knowledge, expertise, and experience in chemistry. The ideal applicant will also have experience in operating and maintaining common laboratory instruments for general chemistry labs.
The successful candidate will desire to be an active and enthusiastic participant in our Science Department. The ability to use and expand the use of current technologies in the classroom and incorporate active learning strategies will be expected.
Duties and responsibilities may include, but are not limited to the following:
- Provide instruction in chemistry and other science courses.
- Provide instruction in accordance with established college-preparatory standards
- Inform and advise students
- Evaluate and provide timely verbal and written assessments of student performance
- Prepare and grade assignments and examinations;
- Meet administrative timelines
- Maintain required student attendance, scholastic and other related records.
- Develop, review, and maintain currency of curriculum for courses
- Collaborate with department and school colleagues
- Participate in program review, in curriculum and program development, revisions, implementations and evaluations
- Participate in the development, assessment, and evaluation of student learning outcomes
- Actively participate in department/school meetings.
- Use technology in the academic environment to enhance student learning
- Perform other duties as assigned by the Department Chair or Administration
- S. in Chemistry or Science Composite certification
- Experience preferred
- Possess or be eligible for Texas teaching license
- Strong academic preparation
- Ability to work with, interact with, and effectively instruct individuals from broad backgrounds and abilities.
- Demonstrated ability to work with limited supervision
- Ability to contribute to the mission of St. Joseph High School
- Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively with department and school colleagues.
- Possess a willingness to take initiative in co-curricular activities, school events, and school projects.
- Possess a commitment to teaching and learning and provide a supportive learning environment to enhance student success.
- Demonstrated ability to utilize multiple teaching methods/strategies needed to address the diverse learning styles/needs of students including integration of interactive technologies to enhance critical thinking and problem solving strategies
Send a letter of interest, transcripts, and resume to:
Mr. Thomas Maj, President/Principal
St. Joseph High School
110 E. Red River St.
Victoria, Tx. 77901
Or email materials to: