Director of Admission
Bishop Dunne Catholic School
Full-time, 12-month position Start Date: July 1, 2017
School Mission: Bishop Dunne Catholic School empowers each student to explore, inquire, lead, and serve through a college preparatory education in a joyful community of faith.
The Position: The Director of Admission is hired by the President and supervises and coordinates the members of the admissions office (Assistant Director of Admissions and Administrative Assistants) empowering a dynamic work group responsible for promoting the growth and expansion of the school through efforts that are consistently complimentary and compatible with the school’s mission statement, policies and priorities.
In the role as the Director of Admission he/she coordinates and facilitates all admission inquiries and follows the application of a candidate until the student is accepted and enrolled in the school. In collaboration with the Director of Communication, he/she oversees the institutional integrity of all publications, related marketing materials, press releases, branding, etc. of the school to prospective families.
This position reports to the President and is a member of the school Administration Team.
The Ideal Candidate:
- Understands and communicates the school’s mission and philosophy and programs;
- Works well with parents, faculty, and administrators in school settings;
- Possesses very strong organizational skills;
- Exhibits superior communication skills, both written and verbal;
- Has strong interpersonal skills and personal qualities of integrity and responsibility and an ability to maintain confidentiality;
- Possesses a calm demeanor and the ability to multi-task;
- Promotes collaboration; Seeks to be a transformative leader.
Admissions and Communications responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Each fall, provide measurable and achievable annual goals (3-5) and a five-year vision to the Head of School in the areas of admissions and communications;
- Adhere to established policies and procedures for student recruitment and enrollment;
- Articulate the mission of Bishop Dunne to potential students and their families;
- Facilitate interaction between administrators, teachers, parents, students, and their families;
- Plan, select and purchase recruitment, admissions, and enrollment materials and giveaways
- Work with students and families through the admissions process;
- Organize middle school, freshmen and transfer student/parent tours;
- Organize partner school campus visits;
- Organize and execute the student shadow program;
- Maintain orderly records on status of applications, deadlines, etc. within online databases and online application and enrollment software.
- Coordinate re-enrollment process for returning families
- Read applications and make admissions decisions based on criteria guided by the Bishop Dunne mission and philosophy
- Organize and direct the admissions committee
- Schedule and plan for annual Open Houses;
- Collaborate with the Advancement group and other school departments and divisions in developing and managing marketing strategies, including production of solicitation materials;
- Provide appropriate communication on behalf of the high school with all potential partner schools;
- Communicate with partner school principals, admission directors, eighth grade counselors, and local parish pastors;
- Coordinate the selection of and training of student ambassadors;
- Coordinate the selection of and training of parent ambassadors;
- Facilitate and market to International students;
- Develop marketing/recruitment strategies and outreach to the greater community;
- Assist with additional duties as assigned by the President
To Apply: Email the following four items to Kate Dailey, President, email@example.com
- Letter of interest
- Résumé reflecting educational and professional background
- Names and contact information for three professional references (to be contacted only with the applicant’s permission)
- Include your last name and “Director of Admission” in the subject line of your email.