General purpose: The Advancement Coordinator coordinates all advancement activities such as Annual Fund, major fundraising activities, and special projects to support our mission to educate young men and women in the Catholic tradition.
Qualifications: The Coordinator must understand the mission and the Catholic identity of the school, ensure that all initiatives reflect our mission as a Catholic institution, and live a lifestyle in conformity with the teachings of the Catholic Church. Qualified candidates will possess experience managing an Annual Fund and confidence with use of Raiser’s Edge, in addition to experience with the responsibilities listed below. College degree required. The Coordinator reports to the President.
Advancement Office Infrastructure
- Creates office systems to support all advancement projects and operations.
- Maintains an environment that reflects the Faith of the school.
- Supervises donor and gift record-keeping including acknowledgement letters and other correspondence.
- Maintains foundation, corporation, scholarship, and individual donor files
- Creates monthly fundraising reports and other database reports as needed.
- Continually updates and corrects database records.
- Conducts preliminary research on prospective corporate foundation and individual donors, including assessment of compatibility with the mission of a Catholic school.
- Coordinates development research activities.
- Oversees the management of databases and all records, files, and gift processing.
- Manages the pledge reminder and acknowledgement programs.
- Creates donor list for annual giving in the Annual Report.
- Schedules in-person visits for the President and prepares necessary profiles.
- Generates queries, reports, exports, and any other collection data as needed.
- Manages scholarship recipients where appropriate - thank you letters, grade qualifications.
- Works closely with the President on all fundraising strategies.
- Ensures fundraising campaigns are consistent with, and suitable for, a Catholic school.
- Promotes Catholic education by educating and informing potential donors of Camden Catholic’s efforts and accomplishments in educating young people in a faith community.
- Assists with all fundraising activities including annual giving, endowment and capital campaigns, special projects, and other school-related solicitations.
- Assists with all strategies and activities for donor cultivation, solicitation, and relations.
- Supports class-based fundraising programs within the Annual Fund.
- Coordinates main school fundraiser.
- Coordinates the new planned-giving program.
- Researches public and private grant sources; assesses their compatibility with Catholic principles; and prepares grant applications.
Board of Trustees Relations
- Works with the Institutional Advancement Committee of the Board of Trustees and the President to develop strategies to promote Camden Catholic’s efforts and accomplishments in educating young people in a faith community.
- Works with the Institutional Advancement Committee of the Board of Trustees and the President to develop strategies to initiate and meet aggressive fundraising goals.
- Assumes responsibility for all the Advancement committee reports to the Board.
- Assists the Board with recommending and researching potential new trustees.
- Manages and maintains the alumni database (Raisers Edge).
- Organizes and supports current alumni reunions and Class representatives.
- Works with director of Marketing and Communications on alumni communications and special events.
- Assists with the Hall of Fame event.
- Supports ways to re-connect alumni.
- Acts as a resource to assist alumni in conducting activities consistent with Catholic teaching and maintaining the Catholic identity of the school.
- Assists Parent Association liaison
- Acts as a resource to assist the Parent Association in conducting activities consistent with Catholic teaching and maintaining the Catholic identity of the school.
Interested and qualified candidates may apply by sending a cover letter and resume to Mary Whipkey, President: email@example.com.