St. John the Evangelist Catholic School in Panama City, FL, is seeking a principal for the 2017-18 school year. Appointed by the Pastor and Superintendent, the Principal serves as the chief administrator for the school, providing leadership and vision and ensuring superior quality in the curricular, co-curricular, and administrative programs toward attainment of the school’s mission. A practicing Catholic in good standing with the Roman Catholic Church, the Principal upholds and models a moral code consistent with the teachings of the Roman Catholic Church and the mission of the school. As primary educational leader, the Principal encourages an environment for faculty and staff to create a superlative and rigorous academic program through which students prepare themselves for higher education. As well, the Principal bears ultimate responsibility for the integration and implementation of faith programming for both students and faculty. The Principal coordinates the program of supervision and evaluation of the faculty and is responsible for the successful day-to-day operation of the academic and business components of the school through effective delegation of responsibilities to the appropriate faculty and staff.
Major Duties and Responsibilities (Essential Functions):
1. Implements the Pastor’s vision for the school as a ministry of the parish and the Superintendent’s vision for the school within a system of Catholic schools
2. Ensures the school upholds the teachings of the Roman Catholic Church
3. Ensures all personnel uphold Diocesan and school policies
4. Ensures all personnel and programs achieve the mission, goals and objectives of the school
5. Oversees the development of all curricular and co-curricular programs through direct reports
6. Oversees the supervision and evaluation of all personnel and other human resource matters
7. Oversees school finances and the budgeting process
8. Oversees communications, enrollment management, and fundraising through direct reports
9. Serves as principal representative for students and their parents
10. Serves as principal representative to all external entities
11. Assists in the development, coordination, and execution of the school’s accreditation and strategic planning processes
12. Attends all Diocesan Principal meetings and fully participates on Principal committees at the direction of the Superintendent
13. Any and all other duties required or assigned to ensure the successful operation of the school
The Pastor and Superintendent of Catholic Schools will evaluate the Principal each year. The evaluation will be based on diocesan policy and the duties and responsibilities listed above. Information for the evaluation will be gathered from the administration, faculty, and staff of St. John the Evangelist Catholic School.