Established in 1855, The Academy of Mount St. Ursula is an all-girls Catholic high school conducted in the Ursuline tradition and located in the Bronx. The Academy’s unique Catholic educational mission is to serve young women of diverse cultures and socioeconomic backgrounds in a college preparatory secondary school conducted in the Ursuline tradition of fostering leadership and service to Church and community. Please check out school's website www.amsu.org to get a sense of the school's wonderful spirit of academics, arts, and service.
Director of Development
The Director of Development will serve as a key member of the Academy’s team. The Director of Development will ensure the achievement of fundraising goals through the planning and execution of fundraising events/activities, campaigns, major and planned gift development, and effective utilization of database resource tools. Reporting directly to the Principal, the Director of Development will have ultimate responsibility for all of the Academy’s fundraising activities and efforts.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Coordinate and execute all fundraising events in collaboration with all members of the Academy’s Community; alumnae, board, donors, faculty, staff and students.
- Organize and plan monthly electronic and print communications about the school (Annual Report, Take-Note, E-Newsletters and Social Media)
- Conceptualize, develop, and execute all fundraising events in collaboration with the Development Team, Members of the Board of Trustees, Event Committees and Volunteers.
- Manage existing major donors, re-engage lapsed donors, and initiate new donor relationships.
- Develop and implement a comprehensive strategy and execution plan for all of the Academy’s fundraising activities.
- Work closely with the Principal and the Board of Trustees to ensure strategy execution is linked to the Academy’s operations and priorities.
- Represent the Academy in a consistently professional manner in a variety of settings.
- Collaborate with the Director of Admissions and Recruitment and the External Relations Associate/Webmaster to design and execute messaging on multiple platforms geared toward specific audiences.
- Maintain an ethically sound fundraising environment and reputation for the Academy.
- Serve as the Academy’s lead solicitor of gifts at all levels.
- Grow the Academy’s endowment and planned giving program.
- Secure strategic philanthropic partners from corporations, foundations, and other sources.
- Cultivate and deepen relationships with established individual, foundation, and corporate funders.
- Develop and manage donor tracking systems (Raiser’s Edge).
- Design and build the Development Department required to implement the strategic plan including: creating a budget road map, talent acquisition, support systems, information collection, tracking, and reporting tools.
- Direct the development and implementation of information assets utilizing systems, tools, and resources to capture, track, and report alumnae donor information, progress toward achievement of strategic goals, and other key metrics.