Grand Traverse Area Catholic Schools
ELEMENTARY SCHOOL PRINCIPAL(S) for 2017-18 SCHOOL YEAR:
Grand Traverse Area Catholic Schools, a ministry of five local parishes, in the Diocese of Gaylord, is seeking two dedicated Catholic educators to serve as principal and assistant principal. The two positions will lead over 500 Preschool-5th grade students in Traverse City, Michigan. Candidates should embrace our school's value statement to provide students an unrivaled education in both secular knowledge, and in the glories of the Catholic faith.
Positions to be effective July 1, 2017.
Salary is negotiable with consideration given to academic qualifications and professional experience. Send cover letter, resume and relevant documentation to: Grand Traverse Area Catholic Schools co: Eric Mulvany 123 E. Eleventh Street; Traverse City, MI 49684, or email firstname.lastname@example.org. For more information please call 231-946-8100. Resumes will be accepted through the end of business hours on Friday, March 10, 2017.
- Be a practicing member in full communion with the Roman Catholic Church and dedicated to a quality Catholic school education;
- Be dedicated to the faith development and formation of staff, faculty, students and parents;
- Possess a Master’s degree in School Administration or in a related field.
- Have knowledge of, and ability to, apply school administrative and management skills;
- Have at least five years of teaching or administrative experience, preferably with at least three years in Catholic schools.
- Have a strong commitment to the importance of Catholic School ministry in the Church.
- Be a role model of faith for the school community
- Advanced knowledge of the most effective educational practices;
- Excellent organizational, leadership and supervisory skills;
- Work in cooperation with the local pastors and superintendent;
- Ability to lead faculty and staff in creating and maintaining a strong Catholic school culture;
- Excellent oral and written communication skills and ability to work effectively with a wide range of constituencies;
- Ability and experience with: technology, strategic planning, enrollment, retention and financial management;
- Willingness for ongoing training and development;
- Desire to serve and grow in understanding of the mission of Catholic schools.
TRAVERSE CITY is the largest city in the 21-county Northern Michigan region. The population was 14,674 at the 2010 census, with 143,372 in the Traverse City micropolitan area. The Traverse City area is the largest producer of tart cherries in the United States. Near the time of cherry harvest, the city hosts the annual week-long National Cherry Festival in the first full week of July, attracting approximately 500,000 visitors annually. The surrounding countryside also produces grapes, and is one of the centers of wine production in the Midwest. Tourism, both summer and winter, is another key industry. The Traverse City area features varied natural attractions, including freshwater beaches, vineyards, a National Lakeshore, downhill skiing areas, and numerous forests. In 2009, TripAdvisor named Traverse City the number two small town travel destination in the United States. In 2012, the city was listed among the 10 best places to retire in the U.S., by U.S. News.