Padua Academy, a four year, Catholic, college preparatory high school for young women located in Wilmington, Delaware has an opening for the following position: Academic/College Counselor.
Job responsibilities include:
- Managing a caseload of approximately 160 students from 9th-12th grades.
- Assisting students in course selections, academic planning, career and college planning, and standardized testing.
- Providing students with appropriate referrals when necessary.
- Consulting and collaborating with parents/guardians, teachers, administrators, and other educational professionals.
- Participating in professional development as related to the position.
- Adhering to Padua's policies and procedures in relation to the students, parents, and the Catholic faith.
- Collecting, reviewing and interpreting test results and other student data to enhance and amend current programs.
- Writing letters of recommendation.
- Researching and maintaining a resource list of summer programs, internships, and research opportunities.
- Presenting relevant information to students and parents in individual, small and large group settings.
- Other duties as required by the position and/or school.
Successful applicants will have:
- a minimum of 3-5 years of experience working with high school girls in an educational setting.
- A committed and respectful support of the Catholic faith.
- Experience with academic goal setting, time-management, study skills, test-taking strategies, academic and career planning.
- Advanced knowledge of the college admissions process.
- Advanced knowledge of standardized testing.
- Experience with one-on-one counseling, preferably with high-school aged girls
- A skilled ability to multi-task and handle social/emotional situations as they arise.
- A working knowledge of and adherence to the ethical standards of the counseling profession.
- Excellent oral and written communication and presentation skills.
- A working knowledge of office-based computer software, including Word, Excel, Google Drive, Powerpoint, etc.
Please submit resume/cv and cover letter via mail or email to: Joel Lang Director of College Advisement and Guidance Padua Academy 905 N. Broom Street Wilmington, DE 19806 firstname.lastname@example.org
About Padua Academy
Padua Academy is a Catholic, college preparatory, secondary school for girls located in Wilmington, Delaware. Founded in 1954, Padua is accredited by the Middle States Association of Colleges and Secondary Schools and has been named a National School of Excellence by the United States Department of Education. Padua Academy is a four-time recipient of the State of Delaware’s “Superstars in Education” Award and was named as a Top 50 National Catholic High School.
Padua Academy currently enrolls 660 young women in grades 9 - 12. The student/faculty ratio is 13:1 and more than 71% of our faculty members have earned masters or doctoral degrees.
Rooted in the Catholic faith, Padua Academy offers young women a transformational college preparatory education, challenging them to live Christ-centered lives of leadership and service.