St. Gabriel's Catholic School is seeking a Middle School Algebra and Geometry teacher. SGCS is a co-educational Catholic school serving students from Pre-K 3-through 8th grade in Austin, Texas. The Lower School is comprised of Pre-Kindergarten-4th grade, and the Middle School houses grades 5-8. SGCS provides a challenging and enriched curriculum that allows graduates to achieve success in the high schools of their choice. Teachers must possess excellent oral and written skills with both colleagues and the community. The ideal candidate has experience working in Middle-Level education, understands and relates to the developmental levels that exist within Middle School, and has a passion for Algebra and Geometry curriculum and instruction, as well as a willingness to develop expertise in social-emotional learning, project-based learning, STEAM instruction, and technology-rich and differentiated instruction. SGCS is a 1:1 Chromebook school, thus teachers are expected to demonstrate meaningful skill with technology in order to create authentic learning experiences for their students.
About St. Gabriel's Catholic School
St. Gabriel’s is the only independent junior kindergarten through eighth-grade Catholic school in Austin. Our beautiful 32-acre campus is nestled in the rolling hills of the beautiful Central Texas Hill Country.
Our extraordinary faculty works to create a strong parent-school partnership. Our learning environment is inclusive, collaborative and participative. We welcome children of all faiths.
Here’s why St. Gabriel’s was named Favorite Private School by the Austin Family Magazine Reader’s Poll in 2014 and 2015. St. Gabriel’s offers:
1. Innovative curricular programs and learning opportunities that nurture a love of learning;
2. A Christ-centered learning environment that inspires students to be informed and ethical leaders who will possess a lifelong commitment to Christian values and service;
3. Best-in-class technological resources to support student learning, including a one-to-one laptop program, iPads, and tele-presence capabilities;
4. STEAM by Design, an approach to learning that integrates design thinking and the Maker Movement to create and invent through hands-on activities;
5. A focus on developing virtues to foster a spirit of generosity and lif...elong commitment to family and community;
Faith is the foundation of all things in our community, as well as the tradition of Catholic education where virtue, excellence, leadership and service are emphasized and valued.
We believe in motivating and empowering our students to think critically and become 21st century thought leaders. Academics are important, but so are meaningful character formation, kindness, respect, manners and sportsmanship. At St. Gabriel’s, each child is known, respected, encouraged and loved.
Here we challenge our students to become the best version of themselves.