The Fulcrum Foundation Board of Trustees is searching for a strategic and influential leader with a proven ability to execute and a solid background in institutional advancement to take our thriving philanthropic organization to the next level. The candidate must possess a passion for and knowledge of the Catholic faith and Catholic education.
About Us Founded in 2002, and located in Seattle, WA, the Fulcrum Foundation works in partnership with the Office of the Archbishop and the Office for Catholic Schools to implement the mission of the Fulcrum Foundation to foster the hope for a better world and the ability to make it happen. Together they serve over 22,000 students attending 73 Catholic schools in the Archdiocese of Seattle. Fulcrum leverages innovation and financial capital in the Archdiocese to provide accessibility to families, and to encourage transformative change and excellent leadership for schools.
- Cultivate and maintain strong relationships with major donors and other key constituents. Identify and meet with donors on a regular basis. Manifest a relentless energy for relationship building with the ability to organize various constituencies toward the Foundation’s fundraising goals.
- Establish a strong partnership with the Office of the Archbishop and meet regularly to ensure continuity in the Foundation’s mission and its philanthropic goals.
- Provide leadership, supervision and support to the Advancement Director, who works with the Development Committee, on the annual fundraising plan including all major events and capital campaigns. This will include the cultivation and solicitation of donors as well as foundation and corporate grants.
- Oversee a team of talented professionals and direct the overall operations of the Foundation’s primary programs: tuition assistance, school partnerships, leadership development, and special initiatives for schools.
- Work in close collaboration with Board members, especially the Chair of the Board in his/her oversight of the Foundation and the Chair of the Finance Committee in his/her developing and monitoring of the budget and investments.
- Collaborate with the Office for Catholic Schools on public relations and marketing projects, developing and evaluating school partnership programs, and other strategic initiatives that benefit schools. Serve on the Archdiocesan School Board and committees at the invitation of the Superintendent.
- Collaborate with the Advancement Director and Engagement Manager to develop and implement the Communication Plan for the Foundation.
- Active Catholic and faith-filled leader with a passion for the values of the Catholic Church and mission of Catholic education. - Strategic leader and collaborative team player, with a particular commitment to the charism of administration and fundraising. - At least 5 years of demonstrated successful experience in institutional advancement of either for-profit or non-profit organizations. - Proven ability to create and execute strategic plans with attention to detail.
- Demonstrated experience in the management and allocation of funds in a charitable context. - Exceptional skills in written and verbal communication, and a compelling presentation style that engages, inspires, and motivates others. - Excellent interpersonal skills, with the ability to build productive relationships with staff and external partners and constituencies. - Will consider non-traditional candidates with other career experience – corporate, civic and governmental – with proven institution building skills and an ability to engage effectively and respectfully with internal and external constituencies.
Please use the link below to submit your application along with the following materials no later than April 30, 2018:
- Formal cover letter expressing interest in the position and aligning your skills and experiences with the leadership needs of the Fulcrum Foundation, as stated above; and - Current resume - https://recruiting2.ultipro.com/COR1015CCAS/JobBoard/b4e119b6-81c4-39e8-0b4a-7937e6acdd41/OpportunityDetail?opportunityId=9de4ca46-3872-4c93-8a59-c2a4191111ee
Additional Salary Information: Depends of qulifications
About Fulcrum Foundation
The Archdiocese of Seattle, located in western Washington state, reaches from the Canadian border in the north to the Columbia River on the border between Oregon and Washington states to the south. The schools are joined together as 62 elementary and 11 high schools. The Office for Catholic Schools located in Seattle serves the schools with support for curriculum, staffing and professional development.