Athletic Director: This full-time position is responsible for leading a highly successful athletic program that provides athletic and learning experiences for 700 students participating on 41 teams as well as 6 intramural sports. The successful candidate will communicate a vision for an athletic program that serves a school focused on achieving its mission of academic excellence while striving to form the minds, hearts, and souls of its students in the likeness of Christ.
The Athletic Director provides administrative direction and oversight for all aspects of the school's athletic program, including interscholastic sports, intramural programs, field days, field and gym maintenance, annual budgeting, parent boosters, and the staffing, supervision, and evaluation of coaches. The Athletic Director also serves as a liaison between the school and the South Carolina High School League as well as the school's chief NCAA compliance officer with the aim of facilitating opportunities for our student-athletes to participate in college sports.
A Bachelor Degree is required along with administrative and/or coaching experience. The position requires excellent organizational, managerial, and communication skills, the ability to develop, manage, and maintain a budget, and the ability to work cooperatively with others while communicating consistent expectations for players, coaches, parents, and fans in keeping with the school's mission. With regard to this, the candidate must embrace the Catholic mission and philosophy of the school. This full-time, twelve-month position requires both school day hours as well as many after-school hours. Benefits provided. Salary commensurate with experience.
St. Joseph’s Catholic School is a private, Roman Catholic, co-educational, college-preparatory day school recognized and approved by and within the Diocese of Charleston. St. Joseph’s seeks academic excellence and strives to form the minds, hearts, and souls of its students in the likeness of Christ. St. Joseph’s Catholic School…
• Creates a joyful Catholic school culture rooted in the sacrament...al life of the Church
• Pursues a rigorous liberal arts curriculum designed to develop a Catholic/Christian vision of the world, of life, of culture, and of history
• Provides students of college-preparatory abilities with the knowledge and skills necessary to succeed in higher education and in life
• Encourages students to participate in co-curricular activities which complement and enrich their academic studies
• Welcomes students of other religious backgrounds in an atmosphere of Christian love
• Nurtures each student’s awareness of his or her unique God-given vocation and fosters his or her desire to live out that call for the glory of God and for the good of others